To have a HealthTap virtual visit, you will need to grant HealthTap permission to access your location. Below are instructions of how to choose which apps can access your location for Mac, Windows, iPhone, and Android platforms.
For Mac Users
On your Mac, choose Apple menu
Click Location Services. If the lock at the bottom left is locked , click it to unlock the preference pane.
Select the checkbox next to an app (web browser) to allow it to use Location Services. Deselect the checkbox to turn off Location Services for that app.
If you turn Location Services off for an app, you’re asked to turn it on again the next time that app tries to use your location data.
For Windows Users
1. Go to the "Start" button on your desktop and click on the "Settings" option in the context menu, located above the "Power" option.
2. In the "Settings" window, click on "Privacy".
3. Go to "Location" on the left side of the window. Now, on the rights-side, scroll down and under "Choose which apps can access your precise location" enable or disable the apps (web browser) which you want to have access to your location.
For iPhone Users
The first time an app needs to access your Location Services information, you'll get a notification asking for permission. Choose one of these options:
- Tap "Allow" to let the app use Location Services information as needed
- Tap "Don't Allow" to prevent access
- Tap "Ask Next Time" to choose Always "While Using App", "Allow Once", or "Don't Allow"
iOS and iPadOS devices might use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to determine your location. GPS and cellular location are available on iPhone and iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) models.
How to turn Location Services on or off for specific apps on iPhone
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services
- Make sure that Location Services is on.
- Scroll down to find the app.
- Tap the app and select an option:
- Never: Prevents access to Location Services information.
- Ask Next Time: This allows you to choose Always While Using App, Allow Once, or Don't Allow.
- While Using the App: Allows access to Location Services only when the app or one of its features is visible on screen. If an app is set to While Using the App, you might see your status bar turn blue with a message that an app is actively using your location.
- Always: Allows access to your location even when the app is in the background.
From here, apps should provide an explanation of how the app will use your location information. Some apps might offer only two options.
For Android Users
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Touch and hold Location . If you don't find Location :
- Tap Edit or Settings . Then drag Location into your Quick Settings.
- Tap App permission.
- Under ”Allowed all the time," “Allowed only while in use,” and “Ask every time,” find the apps that can use your phone's location.
- To change the app's permissions, tap it, then choose the location access for the app. Learn about app permissions.
- If you are still experiencing issues, please reach out to Member Support Team.