Getting a prescription is dependent on a variety of factors, just like seeing a doctor in-person. For instance, during an Urgent Care visit, your doctor might refill your prescription for antidepressants, but they are not likely to put you on a brand-new medication.
For managing ongoing chronic conditions, it is recommended to begin seeing a Primary Care doctor on HealthTap who can get to know you and your medical history.
- When you initiate your HealthTap virtual doctor visit, you can choose the pharmacy to which the prescription should be sent.
- Your pharmacy may call you or send SMS message when your prescription is ready for pickup.
- The price of the prescriptions or lab tests themselves is NOT included in the HealthTap virtual visit or subscription costs.
- All medical care up to and including prescribing of medications is at the sole discretion of the doctor.
Some medications are rarely, if ever, prescribed or refilled by telemedicine providers, including HealthTap doctors. These medications are not currently available on HealthTap and are almost always prescribed in-person. The brand and generic names on the sample list below are those that consumers are most likely to recognize.
Opioids and other controlled substances like:
Psychiatric drugs like:
Lifestyle drugs like:
- This list provides examples only. There are other such drugs.
- Doctor visits are designed to evaluate your condition and craft a treatment plan that works for you.
- In the event that your visit does NOT result in a prescription, your visit is non-refundable.
- All medical care up to and including prescribing of medications, ordering labs, writing Doctor's Notes, and/or referring to specialists (referral recommendations) is at the doctor's discretion.